• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only
    so watch me close as i unveil -
    you are the heart and i am the nail.

Ea knew better than to outwardly complain. If she did, she would have a lot to complain about – her boredom, the oppressive humidity, her company. She couldn’t related to anyone in the Jungle. Or anyone anywhere, really. They were all unremarkable. Hard workers working towards nothing – a task that Ea could not find herself understanding. What was the point of being a subject of a kingdom? What was the point if you weren’t one day going to rule it? She knew she would rule, one day. She was a princess – not just by blood, as many are, but she was a princess in her attitude. Her being.

Her mother gathers her for “training” and she cannot help but sigh. Her mother is high-strung, tightly wound and a bit of a worrier; traits that Ea did not share. If anything, the silver girl was too outwardly inexpressive – cold, even – and though in many ways that trait could benefit her, it made it difficult for her to connect with others. She understood the advantages of forming friendships, but found herself unable to care enough to try. They should want to be friends with her anyway, she reasoned. She was important.

She listens quietly and attentively as Scorch recounts her life story, unsure of how this is relevant to any training. Her mother’s life interested her very little, as did the knowledge of her siblings. “Why are we doing this, mother?” She asked indifferently, before continuing, “and what is this physical training? It doesn’t sound like something I’m interested in.” It was as close to a complaint as she would come, though she didn’t consider it one. Perhaps, she thought, if she just shared her disinterest, her mother wouldn’t force her to do anything physical. Possibly.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only - by Ea - 04-24-2015, 04:43 PM