• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am different but not any less ; any

as many times as I blink, I'll think of you tonight

She can see that the mare is somewhat uncomfortable, still, by the formality and the awkwardness of her smile, but she doesn't hold that against her, and never had. She understands that it must be hard to be around an equine such as herself, one who is crippled and cannot fend for herself as well as others. She assumes there must be some sort of motherly instinct in those mares who approach her, for they see her as helpless as a child, but she is remarkably strong considering her disability. She cannot lash out easily to protect herself, but she can balance well enough on two legs to place a well-deserved kick, if needed, and she has enough muscle on the sides she uses to carry it though with strength. She does not want sympathy or sad sighs, she wants to be treated as any other - but she knows it will not happen. So she lives with that, contentedly.

"I am, in fact, looking for a home." She is cautious but nonetheless friendly, her voice gentle; it seems as if Aoi might just skitter away if she gets too loud. "But I wish not to be a burden on any soul, and I am content to rest in the field so long as I have friends." She aches for a home; the Dale is a part of her past she cannot remember as well as she wishes, and she wants to make a new start within a new area. Perhaps she may visit the Dale again, to see if any others remember her. "I was once a member of the Dale, a diplomat, and have no issue being one again." She smiles, reassuringly, and dips her head in respect. "I miss the work, truly, and I miss having a residence." She meets Aoi's eyes with a certain firmness that has not been there prior, to make sure her point goes across. "But believe me when I tell you that I want to earn my place where I live. My disability does not make me any lesser than another, and I know how to care for myself. I will be no burden."
    </p>

palebird

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i am different but not any less ; any - by palebird - 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM