• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good morning starshine; Esileif

I'm your Queen, you're my Ruler.

If she was honest she would say that Magnus had done a good job in an attempt to convince her and have her join the Gates. And she would have, if Fennick hadn’t also sparked some things inside her. But it was probably like Magnus had said; she would be able to try and achieve her goal anywhere, and that left it to the matter which one she would want to pick. But in order to know which side to pick, she had to make sure to decide which of the two kingdoms would be on the winning side.

Both the stallions had said something that made it clear that the war was coming. Sure it were only rumours but it was clear that the tension was there and they only had to wait till the moment it all burst. And when that happened Esileif wanted to be at the place that could bring her most profit. ”Magnus and I shared a pleasant conversation yes. I wish I could say I hadn’t, that would’ve made it much easier to decide” she answers him as her gaze moves up to meet his again. It was true. If he hadn’t been able to make her enthusiastic, if he hadn’t been able to spark her interest, she would’ve joined the Valley right away. But it was the truth that he had been able to make her see the potential of the Gates.

The two toned mare listens carefully as he speaks about the upcoming war and she can only nod, as it’s what Magnus had said too. But unlike Magnus who couldn’t tell her that the Gates would be on the winning side, Fennick does. Slowly a smile grows upon her lips, clearly content with what she was been told. ”Do you mind telling me why you are so sure of that, Fennick?” Yet before he can answer the voice of another speaks up to contradict his previous words.

Like the little princess who tries to be the queen the bay and orange-white mare lifts her head a little, ears turning slightly back as she moves to look at the bay mare that joins them. It’s only then that she realises that this must be Gallows, who Fennick had spoken about. Carefully she eyes the older mare, before acknowledging her seniority by moving a little backwards. ”Hello” she simply greets her. Then Esileif listens, nodding now and then. ”Fennick just said that he could assure me that the Valley will be on the winning side, yet you contradict that by saying that his vision is limited, Gallows.” Even though she doesn’t ask it as a question, she lets the words linger in the air, silently asking for an explanation on that. His words had excited her, had warmed her, but the simple words of his fellow ruler turns the whole situation around again.

”What I want?” she repeats, her gaze moving to Fennick for a few moments before she looks back at Gallows again. She is hesitant, not really sure how to voice out what she wants. Being honest would mean that she would have to spill the fact that she wanted power, power to show the world what she could do, to make herself known and to achieve things. Yet if she would be really really honest she would have to admit that she just insecure and felt like she desperately had to prove her worth to the world. That last one wasn’t something the Spanish hyrbrid would easily admit, admitting that was a sign of weakness, and that would stop her from achieving her goals. But saying that she wanted power for the simple sake of power could also spark the wrong idea and feelings in this ruling pair. Eventually a small smile spreads on her lips, her eyes full of determination as she speaks. ”I simply want to be on the winning side.”

Esileif

Belgarath x Alasia
    Photograph by Filmwerx Studio

Messages In This Thread
    good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 10-28-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Gallows - 12-14-2015, 08:09 PM