• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am different but not any less ; any
        She does not stay in the Jungle long after having shown Kataclysm around. There is work to be done, and the thrill of exploring lands she never knew as a child is addicting. She has not been asked to visit any of the other kingdoms after the last meeting, and she feels slightly disheartened. She thinks, perhaps after all she may be best suited for the ranks of the army. She holds no silver tongue behind her lips. She has no friends to speak of. What an unlikely diplomat. Yet, she finds herself travelling towards the Field again.

Summer is much kinder to her than the harsh bite of Winter. Her eternally sleek coat gleams against the sunlight as she scouts the Field for someone worth her while. This place is very different from her jungle home. There is food everywhere, for both predator and prey.

She cannot help but imagine herself as the tigress, prowling through the grasses, searching for a weakness in the herd. She is eyeing a passing horse, alone, and ragged, when a flash of white catches her attention; ears peeking above the tall grass. She decides to investigate.

She approaches, neck slung low, and nose outstretched. When she comes upon the pale mare,  she postures up, casting a dark shadow over her. She's just about to tell the girl how foolish it is to be caught lieing down in such a place as this when she notices the lack of a foreleg, and nearly chokes on her words.

She tries to save herself with, “Hello!” But, it comes out much louder than she had hoped, and she snorts, and shakes her head.

”I'm sorry.” She offers, quieter this time - more kind. She doesn't know it, but she has her mother's voice. “My name is Aoi. Do you need help?”

Not much of a predator after all.
    A O I

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i am different but not any less ; any - by Aoi - 12-15-2015, 02:20 AM