• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good morning starshine; Esileif

Truthfully, I've only been half paying attention to their conversation. She's young, and Fennick has it handled so I don't do more than cursory glance of their thoughts. Until, that is, I hear my name repeatedly. Hey, curiosity is not a trait that fades with age. At least, not for me.

I trot closer from where I have been studying the Valley tree. Our entity is silent, much less known than the gifts of the other kingdoms. But I am hoping to change that. The coming war should go a long way towards helping.

"It's true. His vision is limited to his next meal. But I keep him around for looks." I cast a humorous look on Fennick, knowing him well enough that he won't take me seriously. (That's the benefit of humor, you know. No one believes you're capable of anything more than antics.) "Esilief. I'm Gallows. And as for our kingdom's vision, I like to think of it as cooperative hedonism." I grin. "Everyone desires. It's just that some limit themselves with arbitrary rules. The Valley comes first, and after that, each resident seeks what pleases them."

It may not be lofty or "noble" but it's the truth of this place. Some protect the weak and spineless. We seek for strength and renown and our own pleasure. Really, the whole world does, but only a wondrous few are willing to admit it.

"As for war, it is always coming or going. But we should soon have a bit of fun with our allies the Chamber. It's good to keep Beqanna on her toes."

I glance at the young mare, my eyes flashing. "So tell me. What do you want?"

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 10-28-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Gallows - 12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 12-16-2015, 07:39 AM