• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

by the hammer of thor - mast, magnus, rhy, sette

I love my mother.
    She is driving me crazy.

It isn't her protectiveness I mind. It's her overprotectiveness that annoys me. She was her firm and blunt self when she told me I couldn't join her in the Chamber and I can't say I was entirely gracious about her decision. There might be one or two trees a little worse for wear around our clearing. I just spent a year in the Valley! Everyone knows Straia and Gallows are itching for war. Does she think I'm going to hide, or run?

I am exasperated and amused and itching to prove myself. I just want my mother to know that I'm growing up. Well, know and acknowledge out loud. Still, I follow obediently behind Rhy as we make our way to the gates to wait for Lagertha. I wonder what my mother's best friend is thinking, but I find I don't have the courage to ask.

We arrive at the Gates first, and I glance curiously around. It's been over a year since I've been here. It seems busy but not overly full of soldier types. It isn't a secret that I supported the Chamber in their bid for our alliance, but I don't hold any sort of grudge against this place. I just want what's best for the Amazons.

Finally, mother arrives. I give her a disgruntled snort as she approaches, which is not entirely mature, I know. It can be hard having the Khaleesi for your mother. Obedience for one's monarch and mother can be a bit much at times. Although I am sure she has sensed my quiet rebellion, she ignores it, touching my shoulder in greeting. A reluctant grin crosses my features and I nudge her in return.

"Mother."

I bite back a decidedly snarky comment about the lack of deadly wounds she is sporting, and watch with interest as the Gates King answers my mother's call. I whicker a hello. He is impressive (for a male), with his gray antlers towering above his head. It is easy to tell that he will be a true ally in a fight. A colt scampers about in the distance. I frown. It's the little ones and the elderly that I worry about.

Still, I am certain that the others will think of such things, and I settle in to wait. War is coming whether we are prepared or not.

Anguisette
    the changeling jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    RE: by the hammer of thor - mast, magnus, rhy, sette - by Anguisette - 12-14-2015, 04:31 PM