• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with all the pretty flowers in the dust; lagertha

A constellation of tears on your lashes
    Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes

Namir is quick to defend his friend despite his smaller size. He had teeth and claws and was ready to tear into anything that might threaten his family. He quickly hops down from the green girl’s back and jumps between her and the aggressive mare – spitting and arching his back all the while.

But Lucetta wouldn’t allow him to get hurt on her behalf and she rushes forward with an elongated neck and scoops him back up onto her withers with the help of her muzzle. She’d rather take flight than to stand her ground with an obviously far superior adversary. Her coloring and knowledge of the jungle’s tangled pathways would lend her support in her escape.

Her muscles tense in preparation but her instincts come to a grinding halt after the grey warrior’s first words finally trickle into her consciousness. The previous aggression seems to fade and a ponderous look graces the mare’s face in its place. The green girl is frighteningly uncertain of how to take in this sudden change of body language.

It could be a trick instead – to get her wildly off guard.

She stutters tremendously as she remains frazzled by the situation.

I-I-I don’t know. I’ve always l-lived here.

But as her beating heart begins to calm and her hazel eyes finally begin to scrutinize the mare before her, there is a faint recognition. She remembers stumbling out in the pathway of a grey mare during her first year of living in the jungle. She knew Kagerou would beat her later for it, but she couldn’t help but be entranced by her first interaction outside of the clouded mare’s own company. The little green girl hadn’t had a proper name to give to others and the warrior mare had questioned this fact with a sort of disbelief.

Lucetta. My name is Lucetta.

She was certain this time around. Kagerou had gifted her with a proper name for her to cherish upon her death – a gift to make up for her regrets and sins.

I remember you,” she whispers reverently.

How did this powerful and awe-inspiring warrior mare remember such a nondescript and insignificant thing such as Lucetta?

She was a ghost in her home – never to be seen and never to be heard.

lucetta

Messages In This Thread
    RE: with all the pretty flowers in the dust; lagertha - by lucetta - 12-13-2015, 03:40 AM