• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's all hang together, shall we? All Kingdom Meeting

my shadow tilts its head at me,

spirits in the dark are waiting.

He is not okay with the voice in his head. Rhonan’s already got enough problems. His dead best friend that may or may not have existed in an alternate reality pops into the corner of his vision every time he’s alone. He hears the screams of his other dead friend that may or may have existed being eaten by the third friend that yes, may or may not have existed.

What he doesn’t need is someone else inside his head. Because he can’t honestly tell if it’s just him, or if there’s really someone talking to him. Rhonan can’t entirely tell where reality stops and insanity begins. For him, there have been far too many lives to pull them all apart.

He finally decides that he’s really be called for though, and so he pops through one shadow to where he thinks he’s supposed to be. There’s no accidental landing on someone else now, no uncertainty about where he’s going. He knows where he wants to be and he knows how to get there. It’s a beautiful thing, finally being in control.

Like normal, he’s cloaked in black, wearing the shadows like a second skin. You have to look twice to figure out he’s not naturally black. Rhynn is there, and be instinct, he comes to stand next to her, keeping an eye out for Anastasia. Gallows speaks first, asking questions in what he thinks is her usual manner, though his look stays blank and unimpressed (as it always is). Rhynn is the first to speak, hating the wall as much as he does. But of course, they are creatures of darkness. What the hell do they want a wall of fire for?

“Why do we need to hide behind anything?” he asks, convinced having a protective wall of any sort is for cowards. Perhaps it’s actually smart, but Rhonan would rather face his enemies head on then cower behind some wall that they’d eventually break down anyway. He’s no diplomat, and has no idea what the other kingdoms are doing alliance wise, but he can’t help but ask. “Is there even another kingdom that would stand on our side?” Because he’s about 90% sure everyone else is too damn nice. There’s a reason he lives here, and not there.

“You can add me to your army though. I’m shit with words.” Because lets be real, he’s definitely his father’s son.

rhonan.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's all hang together, shall we? All Kingdom Meeting - by Rhonan - 12-11-2015, 03:08 PM