• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

God she is such a mess.

Her chest heaves, and she tries desperately to bring herself back under control. But there’s nothing she can do. The tears keep coming.

The girl is just so similar to dear little Esther, except for the purple of course. She can’t help but remember.

A familiar voice rings out, and the touch of lips on her neck alert her to Kirin’s presence. Oh crap, she hadn’t wanted him to see her like this. So bloody emotional. “I’m sorry.”

But he’s not even looking at her, he’s looking at the girl. Which is to be expected of course, he must be excited to meet their newborn child. She sniffles, somewhat more under control than she was before. “We have a daughter, Kirin. A beautiful little girl.” The child looks up then, staring at Kirin with open curiosity. She stretches out her rainbow wings experimentally, and on her first try, hoists herself up on shaky legs. Carys teeters on the brink, caught between memory and the present. “I’m sorry that I’m so emotional. I … she … she just reminds me of my first daughter.” Oh poor, poor little Esther. At least she knows the undead beast is no where near their little herdland. “She died.”

Kirin smiles, and compliments her, telling her that she’s done well. As emotionally compromised as she is at the present moment, she doesn’t noticed the edge to his smile, or the tone in his voice. She clings to the compliment and slips up beside him, rainbow wing brushing his lavender one. “I should name her.” She’s almost tempted to name her after her older sister … but perhaps that would be bad luck.

carys
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Carys - 12-09-2015, 03:43 PM