• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a thousand teeth and yours among them; straia

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

There is a part of her that wonders what they could be if she did not serve the Chamber so loyally. What is she served only herself, as he served only himself? The Chamber gave them quite a bit of weight to throw around, yes, but what could they do without it’s tether?

The thought is a strange on to her. She would never betray the Chamber, never stop serving it. These things were simply not an option, never would be, and even the thought in her mind feels traitorous. But she would, one day, stop ruling it. And then her life would be terribly different, and beautifully freer.

That day, of course, was not today. Today was the day when they sent the world ablaze with the Chamber at the head of it all. At least, today was part of the process, one of the many sparks they would need to win. Particularly with the upstanding ladies of the Chamber choosing to defend the Gates, and with Magnus so annoyingly hell bent on rebuilding the Gates. Why is it everyone wanted to be such a goody-two-shoes?

It was beginning to drive her nuts. It also meant they needed to weaken their opponent, and strengthen their own army. Though she doesn’t step away, doesn’t stop the bites and the warmth and the pain that flows so easily and freely between them, her mind tosses his ideas around.

“They already hate the Valley, almost as much as they hate the Chamber. If the Valley attacks the Dale, it will give the rest of a Beqanna a reason to turn on us. I’m sure the Valley would agree, but it doesn’t weaken our enemy at all. It only strengthens them.” She imagines that she could just tell Gallows the idea, and the mare would make it happen. But what would it accomplish in the grand scheme of things?

“I’d rather set the Tundra against the Amazons. If we are lucky, the Tundra will help us. Or at the very least, the Tundra won’t attack us if they don’t like the Amazons. It seems unlikely that the Jungle ladies will be standing on our side in this fight.” And she wasn’t in the mood to lose. So she needed every advantage she could get.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a thousand teeth and yours among them; straia - by Straia - 12-08-2015, 05:12 PM