• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can You Withstand Her Gaze?
    Paralyzer

I heard the soft crunch of snow behind me, the odd slip and stutter that came with each step, ‘Beautiful isn’t it?’. I turned my gaze his way, and immediately noticed his appearance. Blood red eyes. That was a new one.‘How such a graceful sight can be frozen in time?’ I looked off towards the falls, they did seem to be frozen in time. Defying the odds, freezing in random spots and places, which would surely begin to break down the rock wall it fell from. “That, that it is.” The words rolled off my tongue in a stutter at first. I hadn’t needed to use words when I was aloof, and the way they fell made me sound rusty. I chuckled to myself, what an interesting thought. To be rusty at one of the gifts we were given to use everyday.

‘I’m Daey, at your service.’ He even gave me a little bow. How exciting it was to be back. “I’m Paralyzer,” I replied, making sure to slip a smile in. ‘What brings you to the field at such a bitter season?’ I thought about this for a moment. Trying to figure out what to say to him. I could make up a story. I could tell a little white lie to make things interesting. ‘Hello to you both,’ the owner of the voice had snuck up on me and I jumped slightly. ‘My name is Magnus,’ his voice was one of experience, clear and precise. I gave him a nod of acknowledgement before his gaze shifted to Daey’s. ‘It is a pleasure to see you again, Daey,’ his words hid a silent message, but I missed it. I was caught up in looking at the buckskins appendages. Wings. I’d never seen wings before, I looked away quickly so he wouldn’t catch me staring and I let my brain quickly refocus on the conversation happening in front of me. ‘Hello Magnus.’ The words came out thick, almost icy, and then there was silence. So they knew each other, and it made me wonder what had caused them to cross paths. A mare most likely. I gave a quick glance to both of them, wondering if they’d be able to keep it under control long enough to get a conversation in.

I decided to take their silence as a chance to answer Daey’s previous question, “I don’t find it to be that bitter, the sun is shinning and that’s good enough for me. As to why I’m out here,” I chuckled to myself, “I’m here to see the falls of course.” I stepped even closer to the edge, allowing my hooves to touch the surface, scratching their pristine layering. I wonder if the water beneath was attainable. I pressed down, hoping for the ice to crack slightly and it did with the spring weather beginning to settle in. “What brings you boys here, surely it isn’t the finer things in life.”

ooc: I registered her in like May when I thought I'd be able to have the time to be active, unfortunately my job took over my life, but now I have the time

Messages In This Thread
    Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by justanappetizer - 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Daey - 11-29-2015, 11:48 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by magnus - 11-29-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Daey - 11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Cassi - 12-01-2015, 11:34 AM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by justanappetizer - 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Cassi - 12-01-2015, 03:50 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by magnus - 12-06-2015, 11:48 PM