• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can You Withstand Her Gaze?
    Paralyzer

I'd decided to come back. It was a decision I hadn't taken lightly and probably would't stick. Who would want to come back to the world of the living. The world where you were drawn in, and tricked into caring about others. The same world that could take things away as easily, and quickly as it gave them. In all honesty, 6 months wasn't that long of a time to be gone. However,  it engrains a certain hardness into your system. A new perspective. A perspective where life and death become the only factors on your mind. The fight or flight sense becomes so perfected that it reaches a point of becoming a sixth sense, and everything is evaluated to the smallest detail. Connections or 'friends', now seem like a burden, a liability, something I couldn't risk. So why was I coming back? Why bring myself back into the world that I seemed to have such a distaste for?  It was quite simple really. I was bored.

My coat had frozen particles stuck to each, individual, chestnut coloured hair. My deep hazel eyes scoped the world in front of me. I could almost blend in perfectly to an autumn backdrop, if it weren't for the large white land mass on my face. I've heard it looked like Africa, whatever an Africa is. The frosty bite of winter brought me back from my thoughts. I could feel Jack Frost's tendrils slowly freezing my throat with each breath of morning air, and it sent a cold chill down to my core. Each step seemed to be weighed down. Each thought a bit slower. Deciding whether to continue on my path or find a better one seemed to take hours when in actuality it was calculated within seconds. The field was covered in snow, dispersed unevenly because the wind had played with it. I decided to stick closer to the middle where the snow was shallow. The deeper snow being near the tree line, where it had gotten caught and the less friendly horses seemed to be scattered amongst the dark shadows. They didn't scare me. Nothing scared me.

I am goal orientated. Today my goal is self involved. I was headed to where water fell from high heights into the now frozen lake. A magnificent sight that I wanted to see at least once before being whisked back into the shadows. I also like to be efficient. Surely I wasn't the only one with the incentive to see this sight. Killing two birds with one stone seemed all but to perfect.

Messages In This Thread
    Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by justanappetizer - 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Daey - 11-29-2015, 11:48 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by magnus - 11-29-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Daey - 11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Cassi - 12-01-2015, 11:34 AM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by justanappetizer - 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by Cassi - 12-01-2015, 03:50 PM
    RE: Can You Withstand Her Gaze? - by magnus - 12-06-2015, 11:48 PM