• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i heard there was a secret chord; any

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

The two of them were not alone for long before Wichita joined. Magnus inclined his wide, handsome head toward her, giving her a gentle smile. He had not interacted much with the southern lady, but he had seen her from afar—always accompanied by at least one or two foals. He could appreciate a mare who had a heart for family, and he could think of no better place to raise a family than the Gates. While he may not be the sterling example of a father, he considered it his responsibility to keep the kingdom safe for her and her brood. He may not be a white knight, but that much he could do for them.

“Hello there, Wichita,” his voice was smooth and deep as whiskey, ringing up from his chest. “It’s nice to see you.” He brings his gold-flecked eyes back to the King. He respected Mast and was happy to serve in the kingdom underneath his reign. He was glad for it. Magnus had spent far too much time around Kings and Queens who did not truly care for their kingdom; he had spent far too much time with individuals who simply wore the crown for the shine of it. Mast was not one of those horses. He understood the weight of the crown. He understood that to rule a kingdom, you must serve it first and foremost.

He was the type of King that Magnus could get behind.
    He was the type of King that Magnus would die for.

At his words, Magnus just nods and gives a choked laugh. “No, they will never understand.” He looks toward the border, “But that won’t stop them from doing their best to choke out the last bit of light.” His eyes are hard and his smile sharp when he looks back, “We won’t let them.” Not while he had a breath in his body; not while he had blood pumping through his veins. He would do everything within his power to keep the Gates a free and happy land. “Is there anything I can do to help with that weight?” He knew it was a heavy burden—and one Mast would have to carry by himself, but that did not stop him from offering.

Even if there was a small way of alleviating the weight, he would try.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i heard there was a secret chord; any - by Mast - 11-11-2015, 06:21 PM
    RE: i heard there was a secret chord; any - by magnus - 11-22-2015, 08:17 PM