• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's in my roots, in my veins - anyone
    Burning on, just like a match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know.
    And what's the worst you take from every heart you break? And like
    the blade you stain, well, I've been holding on tonight.

He had waited.

As it was the polite thing to do, of course.

But the shadow child has lingered for several hours at the border now and has yet to be greeted. His curiosity could no longer be contained and he crosses the kingdom borders without apprehension. Kingdoms, as a whole, fascinated Michaelis. He was raised outside them, but yet his father had spent most of his life serving one.

This is the reason why he had ventured back to this kingdom in particular.

It was where Cicrus had settled his roots.

Michaelis’ last visit had been brief. Makai had convinced him to follow and so follow him he did. The kingdom had been claimed by the chamber-girl and his attention had been dragged to the drama enfolding before him. Afterwards, he had wandered back home to the meadow. But he had missed his chance to explore this kingdom to his heart’s content.

He appreciates the numerous trees overhead – they provided even more shadow to relieve his eyes of the sun’s painful rays. It was nearing dusk; the sun would soon disappear and his pain would soon fade away for the day. The unfamiliar shadow tendrils danced upon his skin in happy greeting. They could smell the lingering scents of those from the chamber and the meadow upon his body.

The forest eventually gives way to a large clearing and his sharp hearing had long picked up the thunderous roar of a waterfall crashing down upon the earth. These were the famed waters that all the kingdoms coveted. Michaelis could see how this waterfall would have appealed to Cicrus’ sensitive soul.

His mismatched turn downwards and spots a lone figure wading in the waters and he is struck by the stillness of this kingdom. How has he managed to venture so deeply into the heart of this land without running into anyone else? He strides forward in quiet confidence and stops just at the water’s edge.

These waters certainly do seem to live up to their reputation.

He could detect nothing that would hint at the waters’ special healing properties. With the exception of its’ natural beauty, the waterfall would appear to be absolutely normal. But perhaps this was what had protected them for so long.

Michaelis.

Michaelis
    ( The Shadow Child )

Messages In This Thread
    it's in my roots, in my veins - anyone - by Texas - 11-20-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: it's in my roots, in my veins - anyone - by michaelis - 11-21-2015, 01:59 PM