• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Make the Circumstances [any]

♦ Fynnegan ♦

The sun is still moving through the sky, time is still ticking on, but we seem to care less. I sense the air change, as if summer had clicked off and autumn had begun. I smile at the thought, summer just turning off as if seasons were some switch flicked on and off. I hear Weir talking about giants more and I nod in agreement- I can't think of a time I've ever hit my head on something- add that to the pro list of team wee legs and chuckle at the thought. We continue wandering, listlessly moving around groups and through the crisping grass. There is little I know about this place in its current state so I eagerly drink in his words as he explains the lands rising tension. I know I thought I was excited to witness a great war between kingdoms... but I don't know now. I am no fighter- I don't know how I would fair in a battle. I'm not fast, due to leg size, and I don't have much mass to drive any momentum. A grand battle, where all of Bequanna was in the thralls of battle just didn't seem so exciting. I am much too little for that, indeed, I would need more experience fighting. Yes, I will need to practice sometime.

My thoughts spiral as I burrow down the tunnel of this realization, though I pull myself back to the reality- which is that the war has yet to happen- and I was being rude. I was so lost in my thoughts my pace had slowed slightly, and I had fallen from the lad's shoulder to his haunch. I shove my little legs forward and frown slightly- terrible company I was at that moment. I hear his words about battle and not really knowing why they wish to fight. I make sure to give him my attention now, and make a mental note to apologize when he was finished. While I knew it wasn't a big insult- the mind twists and turns pulling us in different directions sometimes, he knew his manors. Blood feuds, raids out of boredom? This wasn't the adventure he thought he was getting coming here- but it would be an adventure none the less. I nod as he finishes, agreeing there were interesting factors to the angst in the air.

I apologize Weir, my friend, I seem to have been lost in my head for part of what you said, for i realized this is not a story I will be living from the outside, this isn't a story Ma would tell. This is my life, safety, and future. I find myself feeling....ill-prepared.

I don't explain how so, Weir while relaxed, was observant and seemed to have fair deductive abilities, he would understand my meaning. Weir has been wonderful company, a great first encounter. There are so many others I can't help but wonder how much his Kingdom has molded him. Were the Dales a scholarly group? Did they have debates about the ways the world works? Or were they more diverse? Like Weir can read my mind, he speaks of me going to the Dales. I nod, I think that would be lovely. If nothing else to see the peaceful home my companion speaks of. With a dip of my head, in a purposefully embellished bow, I smile and address his invitation

Why yes good sir, I think I should visit Dale. I would like to see this peaceful home and meet the others that have helped you feel so at home.

Feeling a little cheeky, I snake my little fine neck out and lightly nip at Weir's leg. Then take off at a full gallop. I call out as I put a little distance between us, after all- i deserve a bit of a handicap.

race you! Last one to the edge of the meadow is a GIANT!

I fling my hind legs out, stretching through my body, I use my head to help drive my torso in a helpful pattern. Head up when I hover above the ground momentarily, head down when I strike off the hard ground. I don't know how many times any of these four leggers had been a little pony like me at full gallop, but I assume the sight might give me a head start to the edge.

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

Messages In This Thread
    I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-15-2015, 08:56 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-16-2015, 08:40 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-19-2015, 07:53 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-20-2015, 10:15 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-20-2015, 11:12 PM