• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Make the Circumstances [any]

♦ Fynnegan ♦

I can't help but feel a little at ease with this gentle creature. He didn't push, poke or assume he seems to take everything in. I can't say it is too unlike myself, I enjoy to observe and learn...but I am pretty sure I have a shorter temper than this beast. I know there is little to no proof in that thought but I feel as if I have a good initial read on the lumbering lad beside me. I feel the warm summer breeze on my face and inhale the rich floral scents of the meadow. Something else is in the wind too, but I don't know how to place it- maybe it is just the static in the air here- just standard here but it is different. I catch the undertone of his words about giants. He may not be angered but my well-intentioned nick-name but he wishes not to be associated with the folklore creature. I nod my head making a mental not to not call the big ones giants anymore.

Well, then a giant you aren't my average height friend. I think I would not like to meet a true giant, some of you average types are big enough.

My side starts to itch and I reach back to nip at my irritated flesh. Darn mosquito, or fly, or other little blood thirsty pest- it is the only thing I hate about summer months- the bugs. I look back and see Weir chasing some story in his head, and I tilt my head slightly wishing I could follow his train of thought. It is an interesting thing to know someone's thoughts as they think them. I would think it fascinating to follow along someone else's train of thoughts as they whip and whirl back and forth. I see Weir's eyes snap back to focus and I look to him, knowing his train of thought had brought him back to me. I twist the poles on my head to catch his words....war? Maybe that was the static in the air. I don't think of ware often- not experiencing it in my life. I had been apart of a few attacks, and scuffles but never war. My thoughts are interrupted as the stallion besides me saunters forward, His pace is leisurely, and comfortable, for me that works fine- I can keep up easily with out running- darn wee legs. As I walk walk I swing my head slowly taking in my surroundings and being polite while looking at my companion while talking.

War? Why would people here have to fight about- there is plenty of- well everything- for everyone, no?

I flick my tail, knocking away a bug from my black side. I wonder what this war is about- always the curious one, I want to explore more. But I don't pry too much the basics will work for now- I don't want to seem war thirsty. It is just so exciting, Ma told me of the battles and the grand fights that would happen here. The stories were coming true and I can't help but be excited.I may feel differently in the moment- but until then I get to live the stories Ma told me. I realize I was lost in my own thoughts and give my attention back. Catching him saying something about Dales? Oh yes- I asked him what there was to do. Here i am so enraptured with war I forgot my own question.

I can't say I know much about the Dales, though a calm home sounds familiar to my own childhood home. My parents were from here- but the stories they told were more often about the somewhat mad creatures of Chamber, my ma's friends in the Amazons, or my Pa's adventures as a diplomat in the Gates. They left to raise their family in a quiet knoll outside Bequanna, and I left the knoll to make my own life here. But no matter, I think I would enjoy accompanying you, as long as you continue to share your bits of whispered gossip. Just so I can get more knowledge about this new land, and your kingdom.

I look up at the fellow that I find good company in, there are many places to go and people to meet, I wonder where he will take us next, or who he will introduce next.

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

Messages In This Thread
    I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-15-2015, 08:56 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-16-2015, 08:40 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-19-2015, 07:53 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-20-2015, 10:15 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-20-2015, 11:12 PM