• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fennick, dear, let's chat

It would be a lie to say I don't enjoy his embarrassment. He does such a wonderful job masking his darker tendencies with his boy-next-door persona, and I find I like the dichotomy. Together we are an unassuming team that I hope will be horribly underestimated.

I do so enjoy surprises.

"It might be wiser for you to avoid the Amazons for awhile, Fennick. If we need to talk to them I'll approach Lagertha myself. I'm not sure she loves you like I do." I grin, my eyes crinkling with amusement. Not to mention, I don't trust myself. If the Khaleesi were to run my companion through with her horns I might just watch for the immense amount of pleasure it would bring me.

Oh hush. I don't want him dead. Just maimed a little.

I have the completely immature impulse to stick out my tongue like a child. I don't have to admit anything, I think sourly. At least, not out loud. It's the privilege of growing old. You get to say or not say whatever the fuck you feel like even if it's a bold faced lie.

"Maybe." I say, shortly. "It had its purposes anyways. I'll hunt down our resident reclusive magician and let you know what we talk about. For what it's worth I like the tattoos, but I don't like making them mandatory. It's so hard to send out spies if they have their allegiance broadcasted on their face."

Straia may be lucky enough to have a horde of ravens at her beck and call, but I have to rely on more traditional methods. We have to. Gods, that's hard to remember.

"There is one other matter, besides you scowling at me which you are welcome to do at any time of the day or night." I wink at him, hoping it annoys him further. "The tree. The entities of the other kingdoms have trees with purpose, such as healing or prediction. Ours is growing, but it only houses potential. What do you think we should petition the almighty ones for the Valley's tree?"

Am I being sarcastic about the almighty ones? Um, yes. Beings like Carnage and the fairies are vastly more full of themselves than I will ever be. So perhaps, in this area, Fennick will be more useful for actually approaching the beqanna fairy for a favor. I'm liable to get us all turned into slugs.

"I personally like the idea of some sort of protective aspect. There may not always be a magician around with a handy dandy wall."

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    Fennick, dear, let's chat - by Gallows - 11-07-2015, 08:50 PM
    RE: Fennick, dear, let's chat - by Fennick - 11-08-2015, 02:09 AM
    RE: Fennick, dear, let's chat - by Gallows - 11-08-2015, 07:43 PM
    RE: Fennick, dear, let's chat - by Fennick - 11-11-2015, 09:19 PM
    RE: Fennick, dear, let's chat - by Gallows - 11-17-2015, 08:14 PM