• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a hurricane - all kingdom

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

It has been some time since they’ve all gathered. Not overly long, but long enough that the idea of a raid (or a war) was just a dream. Something they wanted, but without any real cause. Now though? Now just enough time has passed that a war looms in their future. Is it avoidable? Absolutely. But will they avoid it? Highly unlikely. After all, they will likely be the ones to start it.

Sure, she could return Fiasko, and that might mitigate the Gate’s desire to attack. The Gates also wanted revenge, but they were probably not so stupid as to attack the Chamber if they really did not need to. They had yet to procure allies, though they were working on it, and the Amazons may take their side. But if the Amazons sided with the Gates, there would be war simply because the Amazons and the Chamber wanted war, reasons be damned.

But there was an even better possibility, one in which the Amazons sided with the Chamber. The sisters were voting on it as Straia calls to the kingdom. Her attention is mostly focused on the Chamber, but the ravens are keeping her constantly informed of which way the meeting in the Amazons was going. Currently, it was looking good for the Chamber, but there were many sisters left to vote. It could easily swing the other way.

In the end, whatever happened, there would be war. It was almost guaranteed. Almost. And to help aid that, Straia had no plans to return Fiasko. Beqanna was restless, terribly so, and so she would give them the outlet they so desperately wanted. It was not hard to start chaos when nearly everyone tired of peace.

She waits for the kingdom to gather around her before speaking. “As you all probably know, the Gates is searching for allies. They would like revenge, and Fiasko back. In addition, the Valley is under new leadership, Gallows and Fennick, and our alliance still stands with them.” In truth, it was probably stronger under Gallows than it ever would have been under Demian. Gallows was already plotting, looking for chaos before she’d even warmed her throne.  

“The Gates have approached the Deserts and the Amazons. There’s no answer from either kingdom yet on alliances, though I would suspect the Deserts will side with the Gates. The Amazons, however, are proving more interesting. They are currently discussing, and many of them seem inclined to stand with the Chamber, should there be a war.” She pauses again, letting that sink in for a moment. The Amazons, Chamber and Valley together. Imagine what they could do.

Oh, it’s a glorious thing.

“And if we’re being very honest, there will almost certainly be a war. But of course, I think we should be on the leading edge of that. And I do want your opinions on the matter.”

She pauses here, letting them talk. In the end, she suspects they will go for war, though the usual instigators aren’t currently present. Perhaps, though it seems like such an impossible thought, the Chamber would advocate for peace.

“That said, no matter what we decide we want, I believe we should prepare for war. The Amazons are still a wild card. As such, I’ve promoted a number of you. Killdare, if you accept, I’d like you to serve at the Chamber’s Lord.” She doesn’t mention Erebor. Her son would understand, as he lives and breathes for the Chamber as she does. He has not been around, and should something happen to Straia, there needs to be someone in place and ready to take up the reins.  Not that Killdare was the only capable option, but in the aftermath of war, he was level headed and smart enough to listen to everyone else. Besides, she couldn’t make him general, and he deserved a promotion.

“Kushiel, I’ve promoted you to Governor, and Shaytan to advisor. Both of you will receive the traits, empathy and invisibility respectively, that go with your ranks.” God help them all that their peace caste was Kushiel and Shayan. She wasn’t entirely sure they were ready, but if they were going to war, she was going to equip the members of her kingdom with every trait she had at her disposal. And she did believe that both of them could live up to the titles, so she’s thrusting them into the limelight a bit. “Astri, I’ve promoted you in both castes. Should Gryffen not return soon, I’m also encouraging Warship to assign Gryffen’s wings to you instead.” No point in wasting traits either. Hopefully, Gryffen would return. Not because Astri didn’t deserve wings, but rather that Gryffen was a blood-thirsty ass, and she wanted him on their side. But they were capable with or without the Chamber ghost.

“Warship, perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to drill all of us, myself included, yes?” And here she pauses again, letting him take the stage to see what sort of preparations he thinks they should make. It may all come to nothing, but she would not let the Chamber stand by idly simply waiting to see what happened. Whatever may come, they would sure as hell be ready for it.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Straia - 11-16-2015, 04:01 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Killdare - 11-16-2015, 06:15 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Lupei - 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Warship - 11-17-2015, 08:59 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Shaytan - 11-20-2015, 02:18 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Kushiel - 12-01-2015, 12:51 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Kimber - 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Straia - 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM