• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM]

I feel different. Older and younger at once, a dichotomy I do not know how to explain. I miss my mother with a deep seated ache but I feel a strange sense of freedom in moving beyond the Jungle's borders to live within the Valley. I feel useful in a way I have not before. There is no room for a princess who preens and watches in the Jungle. My title is one I am grateful for, not because it grants me any sort of special privileges (if anything, I think mother is careful to be more particular with me) but because it shows my devotion to the home of my heart. I will do all I can to be worthy of that.

Mother's voice rings across the Jungle just as I am returning home for a visit. I adjust my course, following the sounds of the gathering sisters. Our Khaleesi stands there, her body humming with energy. A small blue roan colt stands at her side and I first offer the boy an open hearted smile. My little brother. In a quiet tone I speak to him, affectionately lipping his prickly mane. “Hello brother. I'm Sette, your big sister.

To my mother, I nod solemnly, although curious excitement dances in my eyes. I have a small idea of what she may be gathering the sisters for. Fennick had mentioned an alliance with the Chamber and from what I have learned in the past months, it seems a war may be brewing. The Valley, at least, is restless for activity and the Chamber is strong. Where the Jungle will fall in this scheme is something I am interested to find out.

I do not know what I want to happen. But it isn't about me, and it isn't about making the choice that others perceive as right. It's about the jungle and the sisters, and what is best for us.

Mother speaks, and all of us listen, ruminating on our own thoughts. Some, like Rhy, keep their feelings hidden well while others show the inner workings of their decisions on their faces. I am one of those. I wait quietly, listening as first Sarkis and then Rhy speak. Finally there is a lull, and I voice my opinion with a soft but steady tone.

Whatever we choose, the Valley will back up the Chamber. And they both want a fight.” Like my mother, I feel this conflict is unavoidable. Whether by fate or design, war is coming. I can't help the bubble of excitement that rises in my chest. “I would choose Chamber. Though a fight against two strong kingdoms would be a sure test of us, I do not think it would end well for the Jungle. And the spirit is still young. I don't think we can risk her being hurt.

I understand why the Gates is itching for revenge but from a purely tactical standpoint, we cannot help them. Losing the Jungle spirit in the way they lost their tree is not an option.

Anguisette
    the changeling jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Lagertha - 11-13-2015, 02:18 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Sarkis - 11-15-2015, 09:09 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Rhy - 11-16-2015, 10:25 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Anguisette - 11-16-2015, 10:56 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Sunday - 11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Aoi - 11-19-2015, 03:01 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Nayl - 11-23-2015, 05:22 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Naga - 11-26-2015, 09:08 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Teak - 11-27-2015, 02:08 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Naga - 11-27-2015, 05:01 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by prague - 12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Sunday - 12-02-2015, 12:45 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Lyris - 12-05-2015, 02:36 AM