• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i heard there was a secret chord; any

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

For once she finds herself a moment of free time. A spare minute when there are no children that cling to her flank, that have the utmost need of her care. That nudged her for sustenance, or required a watchful eye.

Wichita loved each child very dearly, but she can not remember when she last had a little 'me' time.She'd never ask for it of course, that's not what a lady was supposed to do, not at all. She had young'uns to raise and she did so dutifully-not a kiss or fret spared. However when the opportunity came, she snatched it up quick and set off to find some adult company. It's been a while since she's had any of that, she probably could stand to catch up with the herd. They had been through so much together, she owed them her time, and she wanted them to have it too.

After a while she's headed to where they all seem to gravitate, the tree, the garden. Slowly the soil had become fertile again, and with it returned the delights of their earth. A little slice of Heaven, and it surely was. The spring had been good to them, the summer would only bring more promise.

The little mare isn't surprised to see both Mast and Magnus already there, greeting them with a warm smile, and a honeyed hello. "How do gentleman?" she drawls, a sincere glint of warmth and hospitality in her chocolate eyes. Wichita then dips her head to  sniff at the returned fruits, daintily lipping at some berries. They burst like fireworks of flavor in her mouth, both sweet and sour at the same time, and she clenches her jaw.

Wichita
    gentle southern belle of Heaven's Gates

Messages In This Thread
    i heard there was a secret chord; any - by Mast - 11-11-2015, 06:21 PM
    RE: i heard there was a secret chord; any - by Wichita - 11-15-2015, 06:58 PM