• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

gallows;
    For your love I'd give my last breath
    Lie? The word chokes Shiya of air for a moment. Her slit pupils contract more until she looks away in thought, in worry. How can Gallows so readily trust her to deceive others? She doesn't know anything about anything, really, but an option is being placed on a platter in front of her. Take this and become someone or run away back into the shadows like a coward. Those are her choices. This is where her life can make a turn or continue down this aimless road. Her heart screams yes but her mind, facing turmoil in its distress, hesitates underneath the Queen's heavy stare. "I--" she begins to speak but isn't sure what to say or what to do.

"Is this the best way to grow my confidence? To lie?" The idea seems so far-fetched, so topsy-turvy that she grimaces and shakes her head slowly. This can't be the only option, but nothing else is offered and Gallows is quietly awaiting an answer.

Speak, sweet girl, for the Queen has other minions.

"If you think I can do it," she's finally coming to a conclusion but there is hesitation in her voice and tension throughout her body, "then I will try." It isn't a most convincing answer; even Shiya is standing in disbelief and confusion for a few heartbeats until she straightens herself and meets Gallow's eyes. "I'll do it. I'll visit the Gates first," because it's so far away and it will allow her time to mull it over, to pick up the scents of other kingdoms, and to create her own small story to tell the world. It shouldn't be difficult, she reassures herself as a breath of air is sighed, because the Gates is known to be kind and welcoming.

Hopefully their reputation proves true.

With a contemplative lick of her lips Shiya brings her attention away from the grass and onto Gallows once more. Her expression is more stern now but her eyes, as frightening as they may be, are still softened by her hope. "I will try myself when I see him next, but if you happen to see Eight, can you ask him what he knows about me?" A half-hearted chuckle slips from her as she lowers her head slightly. "How sad is it that I need Eight to learn more information about myself?" Shiya doesn't expect a response to this as she draws a step away and looks in the direction that her path will soon lead.

Shiya
    larva and dillan's lost little girl

Messages In This Thread
    gallows; - by Shiya - 11-08-2015, 08:02 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
    RE: gallows; - by Shiya - 11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-10-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Shiya - 11-10-2015, 10:57 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-17-2015, 07:53 PM