• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

gallows;

I am not gentle. Or at least, I am rarely gentle. My children learned young that I was going to let life teach them a great deal. Falling happens. Being burnt happens (especially if a certain colt is determined to master fire). Death and rape and war happen. The best you can do is prepare.

My fellow Valley inhabitants are no different. It's better if we all fall learning because the lesson will stick better than if someone rescues us.

And so as Shiya is speaking an idea blossoms in my mind. I don't take any notion of being a genius, just inventive. (Hell, what am I saying? It's just me in here. I can call myself bloody brilliant if I want to.) And if the reptilian girl is amenable, her mission will kill two birds with one stone.

What she wants is not so rare. Everyone wants purpose and direction. It's just that some people pull out a map and debate where to go while others set off without even a day's rations packed. And independence... now that is a worthy goal. I understand that longing, having felt it from the time I was small. I built up a name in my brother's kingdom and when he passed on, I was able to fly as Queen, my confidence and independence in full glory.

Granted, some people might say I've gone a little far with my confidence. To them I would have several four letter words to pass on. Jovially, of course.

Beginning is the hard part, Shiya. But if you're willing I have an idea for you.

For quite some time I've wanted rebuild our network of information. Straia is lucky enough to have her ravens, but I am not so gifted. I wouldn't trade her for anything, of course. Birds are nasty creatures and mind reading is such fun.

So here goes pushing a lost little girl off a cliff so she can fly.

I need someone to visit the Gates and/or the Dale to assess them. You can imagine that I might not be welcomed quite as openly as a relative unknown.” People have a way of raising their hackles immediately when they meet me. No idea why. Really. “You'd just talk with someone, act interested in joining and pay attention to what sort of attitude they have. Whatever you see I will see when you return, so you don't need to worry about remembering it all. You may need to lie, however, and I won't force you to go. But it could, perhaps, help grow your confidence.

I know she is capable, this discarded mare of Eight's. But whether she knows it is another story entirely.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    gallows; - by Shiya - 11-08-2015, 08:02 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
    RE: gallows; - by Shiya - 11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-10-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Shiya - 11-10-2015, 10:57 PM
    RE: gallows; - by Gallows - 11-17-2015, 07:53 PM