• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the moon, we borrow our light; rhonan / any

He offers her play and that is all the shadow-girl had ever wanted. A playmate, of sorts. The kind who would let her stay hidden in the shadows and who would not mind her ravaging the wildlife of the area. Even better if they would stomach the gross rabbit just because she asked him to. So Anastasia feels good about going to his home, feels good about going to wherever the Valley was with all its shadows.

When he opens up the portal, she slinks silently toward it, sticking her head in and looking around in the pure darkness before shrugging and walking all the way through. It felt different from the ones that she created, perhaps more of him than her, but it was ultimately just the shadows, which were familiar enough. She is sure she will get used to the particular brand and feel of the shadows he himself creates.

On the other side, the portal spits them out just in front of the Valley’s wall of fire, and she hisses again, backing into a portal that drops her several yards back. She was not fond of fire. She did not like the way that it danced and burned the shadows away, throwing its own along the walls in mockery. She did not like the heat of it and the aggressive smell when it ate through the wood. One day, she had made her way toward the Chamber’s tree, watching as it crackled and popped in the air.

She had hated it instantly.

So she is not thrilled to know this is home, and she turns her eyes to her playmate, not accusing him, but certainly demanding some sort of answer. “Rho-nan,” her thick voice begins, and she nods toward the wall. She pauses for a second before jerking her head slower, the motion more exaggerated in case he did not pick up on the subtleness of it at first. “Rho-nan,” she whines a little now, one hoof striking at the ground impatiently. “Is this home?” Her voice makes it clear that she hopes that it is not.

like the moon, we borrow our light
    {I am nothing but a shadow in the night}

ooc: i have no idea if the flame wall is still here or not... :| if it's not, just let me know and i will edit.

Messages In This Thread
    like the moon, we borrow our light; rhonan / any - by anastasia - 11-10-2015, 01:43 AM