• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Rose in the Rain [Keeva]

Like a thorn to the holy ones

His spires stood on alert as he heard his name ring above the murmur of conversation around him. He looked over and saw the fae with the rare coat and eyes. He wasn't sure if it was the fae herself of the relief he associated with her, but his breath caught for just a moment when his eyes met her lavender tinted ones. As his mind came back to him he exhaled the hitched breath. The relief he had about seeing her, no, seeing her happy to see him came out in a single word whispered on that breath

Keeva

Nymphetamine hadn't realized how much he wanted to spend time around her. He was right in thinking she would do his mind good. A smile couldn't help but come forth, a bit of brightness returning to his eyes. The stag wasn't his usual self, his mind still whirled, but it had stilled some. The wind blew her scent to him, and its coursed through him making him feel as if he needed to be closer. There was the slightest of shifts in his weight as he instinctively went to move closer, but didn't. He couldn't- how would he feel if his life turned on him and she was targeted? He knew her little, but knew he already cared for her safety wanted to protect her. He eyed her, taking inventory of her coat, as if already looking for any sign he had caused her harm.

I am glad to you came, I worried you might have decided not to. You look well, the time away from the drama is suiting you.

The blood bay had forgotten that she was not free, that she was in a herd... already under the protection of another.  A bitter taste found it's way to his mouth; his temper flared and if he wasn't in the presence of a lady he would have stomped his daggers ground his teeth. But he swallowed those feelings, trying to bring his focus back to the fae that stilled his mind.

Tell me about your home; your life. I feel I know little about the maid who called to me so happily just a moment ago.

Nymphetamine's voice was rich, drunk with masculine tones. He allowed his daggers to slowly carry him forward toward the fae no longer able to keep himself back. As he moved closer her sent only grew stronger and a shiver ran through him. The blood bay stag was close enough to touch her but he held back. She was not his to touch, and while he believed the strong got what they wanted, he was young and still respected claims others held over herdmates. In fact, this close the scent of her home was there faintly. He exhaled and shook his head, mane flipping back and forth over his crest, trying to shake the drunken feeling of his body almost vibrating in her presence.

The intoxication wasn't just the physical attraction he felt for her, he wasn't sure but it was there. Nymphetamine knew there was something mental, some connection he has made with her to some hidden need that was still shielded from his consciousness. He closed his eyes as he heard the fae start to speak, he was allowing himself to not be in control and he couldn't allow that. He had to focus. So he forced himself to move a step or two away, but as if the boy inside of him was laughing at the man trying to be in control, he reached out and just barely brushed his muzzle against her neck. It was a fleeting moment, but the hum running through him subdued and his focus was back. He was clear headed and in control. Spires alert and taking in the lasses words.  He knew his time was limited but all that mattered to him now was Keeva and her story.

[ooc] oooh Nymphetamine is a little saucy tonight...

[ooc update] I just reread this- and I had a case of the "he"'s and some stupid typos from writing this late at night... so I fixed what i found. nothing major just flows better with a little less repetition of the word "he" HA!

Cold was my soul
    Untold was the pain
    I faced when you left me
    A rose in the rain....
    So I swore to the razor
    That never, enchained
    Would your dark nails of faith
    Be pushed through my veins again

Bared on your tomb
    I'm a prayer for your loneliness
    And would you ever soon
    Come above onto me?