• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood

Oft in the woods is a listener nigh

There is a melody woven into her voice as she speaks, and the young stallion smiles to himself as he listens to her words. Briefly, so briefly, he has the thought that he would like to listen to her voice for hours. She seemed gentler, more refined of manner, when he mentally compares her to the fierce-of-spirit Amazon mares he had grown up around, but equally worthy of respect. He may have left the jungle kingdom to start a life elsewhere, but the upbringing he had received from Dorne, along with his colthood experiences, had firmly ingrained gentlemanly behavior in his brain, and Yronwood would never treat a female harshly, provided she did not attempt to hurt him. He had a healthy regard for his own spotted skin, after all.

Chestnut ears flick as he catches her name, and he repeats it softly, tasting the letters that made up the single word. He is welcomed, and so he stays where he is, pleased to be making a new friend. "I can see why crowds would be a problem....you rely a lot upon your hearing, don't you? And the increased sounds from a large gathering would make it harder upon you to catch what you really need to hear, wouldn't it? " He chuckles at her final words, putting the wink that she can't see, into his voice instead. "Oh, don't worry, Saskya. I'm sure I am sturdy enough to withstand an accidental bumping, should such a traumatic event occur. " She hasn't said where it is that she lives, and so he asks, full of curiosity.

Yronwood

evil whisperings go here my dear

Art by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood - by Yronwood - 11-06-2015, 09:24 PM