• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

for every stop there is a go

He clears his throat in a dramatic, harumphing manner. Everything about it said he was about to become very long winded. "Why yes my dear," He begins, his flavescent eyes watching as she twists her head just so, and says his name. A rich trill fills his ears, so significantly like bird song, and for a moment he almost forgets what they were talking about.Almost.

The disruption pulls his ears forward, shoving past locks of rust colored hair. Elektra. The name brings to thought a Greek tragedy, one of murder of a mother and a lover. It's rather unsettling so he pushes the story far to the back of his mind, a name was not one's fate or destiny. He would reserve judgement, because how very unjust of him to worry over mythology at a time like this.

"Elektra. Phoenicopteridae why yes exactly. Oh er no," He stumbles, jumping the gun before he realized she actually didn't know what he was talking about. "The uh, flamingos. Beautiful pink water birds, you can always tell the one's that are in exceedingly good health. Such a vibrant pink, yes quite like yours!" He exclaims happily before moving right along with their chat. He did love a good educational chat. "Flowers? Well, that...that is a possibility. Carotenoids make the birds pink, now I'll never doubt that the flowers could do the same to deepen the colors of yours. Normally one would find it in algae, but Beqanna is ever amazing."

It was true. Here, anything seemed possible, and already he had spotted at least ten plant species he had no names for. Now that, that was something extraordinary in itself.  Weir had a deep sense of pride about his endless knowledge, all thanks to books. Books. He did miss reading.

"Just a ways back you say?" His interest peaked, he could not contain his endless curiosity and lust for knowledge. "We could have a look? I've come to socialize I suppose, we are Kingdom allies now, thought I aught to get to know whom I am pledged to support." He had not had a particular activity in mind, just a visit, and he hadn't the slightest clue who would be his company. It's a happy accident that he should find such in the feathered mare.

WEIR

I've a nervous notion I should take to bleeding inwardly

Messages In This Thread
    for every stop there is a go - by Weir - 11-02-2015, 02:21 PM
    RE: for every stop there is a go - by Elektra - 11-03-2015, 01:09 PM
    RE: for every stop there is a go - by Weir - 11-03-2015, 03:02 PM
    RE: for every stop there is a go - by Elektra - 11-04-2015, 04:15 PM
    RE: for every stop there is a go - by Weir - 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
    RE: for every stop there is a go - by Elektra - 12-03-2015, 02:38 PM