• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will kill you if I see benefit in your absence. (any)

Smother

Something looks vaguely familiar. Something… Something about him feels like I have seen it before. In his expression, in his stance, in how he pronounces some words and how he cautiously eyes myself and my daemon. He is so intoxicatingly familiar that I feel as though the very drug he gives me is the feeling of memories.

But it can’t be, because I swear I have never met Magnus before.

Instead, I try to refocus my attention on his proposal as it were. Though, to be completely honest I find it very difficult to focus with the annoying disagreement of Turkish rambling off.

The Gates? This must be some sick, twisted joke.

Maybe it needs some fun.

It is a good kingdom, you moron. Do we look like a “good” kingdom duo?

Oh but Turkish, don’t you see the fun in this?

We will be within a kingdom of naïve residents who will not know what hit them.

… I will consider it.

He is first to voice, edging closer to the stallion, practically feeding of Magnus’s hesitation and consideration. “So you mean to tell me that a light kingdom wants a Python shifter, and Burmese Python resident?”

I watch for Magnus to react, to see if doubt crosses his face. If he feels we will not be a match, there will be no need to considerate a home. I will not be tossed out again, this I can promise you.

“Tread carefully, Magnus. False promises don’t bode well with us.” My voice is cold, a heavy statement now lingering the air. If he wishes to not waste our time, he will only invite us in full belief we will be welcome at their door step.

If not, we will just chalk it up as another kingdom to destroy.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will kill you if I see benefit in your absence. (any) - by Smother - 11-06-2015, 03:42 AM