• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All things are possible: Hoku, any

All things are possible, even the worst of things.

They have come so far since their initial meeting, developing a camaraderie that he had not felt with another in far too long. He is delighted by the changes wrought in her in just a few short hours, in the level of comfort she has fallen into around him. It is satisfying and heartening all at once. He can feel the bonds of friendship forming between them as he grins at her, offering her a teasing nudge.

He can only hope that the fate that seems befall all of those he cares for does not befall her as well.

The thought gives him a moment of pause, but he brushes it off, unwilling to look too closely upon it. He has already suffered enough grief lately. He does not need to add more.

As her words register, he turns, an abrupt laugh escaping his lips before that grin settles easily back onto his features. He winks at her, sharing his humor.

It’s only because I’m trying. Just wait until you catch me in a candid moment. I promise you, I won’t seem nearly as graceful.

He is oblivious, really, to any growing feeling that she might have for him. He has never been terribly good at discerning such things. With Val it had been so easy. She had practically clobbered him over the head to get his attention. Demanding and impertinent, and altogether completely Val. And unfortunately he is not an empath, nor is he nearly as observant as he should be, so these things are otherwise rather a mystery to him.

He is, however, observant enough to notice she has become quite suddenly distant. As she continues, her eyes are fixed upon the horizon, her voice sounding absently into the air. He reaches out with his dark muzzle, brushing her shoulder gently so that he might bring her back to the present.

Hey.

His voice is softer when he speaks, more gentle.

Something on your mind?

shahrizai

hestoni x scorch

I'm really sorry this took so long D:

Messages In This Thread
    All things are possible: Hoku, any - by Shahrizai - 10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
    RE: All things are possible: Hoku, any - by Hoku - 10-09-2015, 09:13 PM
    RE: All things are possible: Hoku, any - by Hoku - 10-18-2015, 08:31 PM
    RE: All things are possible: Hoku, any - by Shahrizai - 11-05-2015, 11:39 AM
    RE: All things are possible: Hoku, any - by Hoku - 11-07-2015, 11:42 PM