• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any
    He isn't really convincing me that he isn't enamored with the tree but I can tell he believes what he is saying, and I give him a too-serious look. It's clear I'm not sure he's telling the truth.

Its okay, Kush. If the tree is your girlfriend, I mean. Everyone is a little bit weird I think. And I'll always love you.

I shrug, rolling my shoulders carelessly to convey my lack of interest in whatever relationship he has with this burning beacon at the heart of the Chamber. I look up at him, listening patiently as he explains the tree and power. Despite what my mother calls his fickle allegiance, I can tell he is devoted to it, and the chamber.

And really, although they would both be unhappy to hear it, what is the real difference between the Valley and the Chamber? They are just places like any other, full of adventure and secrets, sadness and joy. And love. All of them call to me. Some day I will answer.

I look up at the sky, noting the influx of ravens as I ponder over Kushiel's words.

I want to be one of the first kind, big brother. Someone who loves for the sake of love. I don't care about power. I glance at my wings wistfully. All I want is to fly and to love.

I grin at him. And to have adventures with my brother, of course.

I nudge his side playfully, sudden curiosity brightening my tone. What do you do here, Kushiel? When you're not, um, hanging out with the tree?

I circle the flaming branches. My yearling body is gangly and slim, but is slowly growing into the beauty mother says I will become. As each day passes I can see the similarities in the way my sibling and I stand and move. There's a satisfaction in that, in having family.

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any - by Kushiel - 10-24-2015, 05:32 PM
    and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any - by Namaah - 10-26-2015, 06:57 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any - by Namaah - 11-03-2015, 12:13 PM