• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats
    Texas has never cared particularly much for the Chamber or for diplomacy, but since he cares for very little, that leaves him in a fairly decent mood (as far as his moods go). The young colt appears to be a better diplomat than Texas is, thogh the bay stallion reassures himself that it’s only because he isn’t trying. If he made an attempt, of course, he’d be unbeatable.

Fortunately (perhaps fortunately for himself, or for the rest of the world) Texas is no longer prone to making many attempts.

His ears do prick up at the mention of volcanoes. The trees had looked a little damaged, he recalls, but he’s not attentive enough to have made any particular note of it. The boy extends his compliments to the queen, which Texas may or may not remember to carry back, and then his condolences for their lack of the water. “There’s just enough for our needs, yes.” He replies, admitting that the water is both properly functioning and in short supply.

The boy defers to Straia, and nothing in their conversation is enough to tip off the bay stallion that they are mother and son. He only turns to the paint mare to see what she has to say regarding their relations. “That’s good to hear,” re plies, though he can still tell that they are waiting for something more. Texas has asked his queen for her thoughts on treaties and she as not answered him. It’s an odd position to be in, but as he does in most things, he intends to take advantage of it.

“We can’t provide access to the waters for everyone anymore, at least not until the falls are back to the way they were.” Shatter Me has told him that much, at least. What they have not clarified is how they are to decide who ‘everyone’ is. “In the meantime, if you’ve need of them, come find me.” He might be offering the use of the Falls to only Straiai, or perhaps two the both of them. Maybe he’s even offering them to the Chamber as a whole. Whomever Straia decides he means, Texas has offered himself as the pathway to their use. Beqanna knows that it takes a loyal member of the Falls present to make the waters work their magic, and Texas is willing.
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats - by Texas - 04-16-2015, 05:35 PM