• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any

love as thou wilt

Crossing the fiery border lines of the valley was my first great adventure.
    My Kushiel did not seem at all scared when he passed through the flames so I determined I wouldn't be either, but it wasn't easy. After all, my big brother spends most of his time being singed by fire. I like my feathers too much to hurt them. With a deep breath I left the valley and my mother for the first time, my eyes screwed tight as I hurtled forward. The air left my lungs in a whoosh of relief once I reached the other side, and I grinned, fastidiously checking my wings for damage.

Some day they will be strong enough to hold me. I want to be prepared.

The world feels like a new place when I am on my own. Well, not really on my own. I have a responsibility. I have to take care of Kush so it's practically like I'm in charge. Mother says he has a 'penchant for trouble' and although I'm not quite sure what 'penchant' means, I know that my flame wielding brother does seem to talk a lot. I bet that gets him in trouble. It does mama.

The landscape changes, ravens appear and pine trees sprout upwards. I widen my eyes, taking everything in. The chamber, after all, is my second great adventure and I don't want to forget a thing. Mother hates this place and Kush loves it. I don't see what is special about it, but it is new, and I am enamored by the shininess of it.

I ruffle my gray and white feathers, following behind my big brother absently. It isn't until he halts, almost causing a collision, that I am honestly impressed.

Oh Kush! It's even better than you said. It's glowing and wonderful and oh, I see why you must like it here!” I grin at him, looking a bit like our mother. “Mama says the tree is your girlfriend and that no one else will be able to compete.

I can understand the appeal, especially if one were able to control the tendrils of flame that lick their way up the trunk.

Namaah

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any - by Kushiel - 10-24-2015, 05:32 PM
    and some by virtue fall; Namaah/any - by Namaah - 10-26-2015, 06:57 PM