• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats
    Sometimes she thinks she should just leave the diplomacy up to Erebor and Kavi. They were much better at it than she was. Well no, that’s not really true. She is quite good at it when she can be bothered to care that much, or when the situation truly demands it. On her own borders though, she finds that she rarely feels all that diplomatic. Particularly when she’s still got a few streaks of ash here and there from the pine trees, though there was a lot less of that. She’s only got one streak today. Maybe she can manage to feel mildly diplomatic.

But she lets her son talk. It is probably endlessly weird for the Queen of a kingdom to let a boy that probably should be chasing (or killing, given his home and company) animal handle half the diplomacy. But she does, because she wants him to learn, and because she’s quite the skilled little thing. That’s what happen when you barely sleep and soak up every ounce of information possible though, she assumes.

She had been skilled as a child, but unlike her son, she had enjoyed acting like a child. It had been a game to her then, and sometimes, it was still a bit of a game.

Erebor defers to her at that point in the conversation, and while she hasn’t talk to her own kingdom, she knows that her own preference leans toward at least not pissing off the people with healing waters. The Chamber had nothing but ash, a heart, and a lot of scrappy determination. But none of that could close a wound. “No one seems to fault the Chamber for filling your nose with ash, so I can’t fault the Falls for a drought they had no control over either. I see no reason to get rid of the peace that our kingdoms have lived in over the years.”

She falls silent, waiting to see what Texas wants. He simply asked if the drought hurt their relationship. It does not. In fact, she’d really love if half the kingdoms no longer had access to the waters, so long as the Chamber still did. But really, she’s more curious if the new queen wants anything to do with an evil kingdom. The Falls has always been loving and peaceable, after all.

straia

queen of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats - by Straia - 04-15-2015, 11:51 AM