• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shine on you crazy diamond; Hestia/Any

I nod absently in response to Hestia, thinking of the days of desecration and the split between the lands.

It does run together, after a time. There have been so many wars, and raids, over many of the same things.

Not that I tire of it. To me, it's like rereading a story you loved. Life is really only worth living if there is suitable entertainment. And speaking of that, my daughter is entirely capable of creating that. I bite back my laughter at her intrusive question, interested in the lovers' response. No way am I helping them out of this one. It's much too entertaining, and they do not dissapoint.

Whats the matter, Fennick? Did your mother forget to have the birds and bees talk with you? I can fill you in if you like.” I grin wickedly at the stallion. Poor boy. He is completely in over his head between smart-ass me, a precocious filly and a mare who is head over heels for him. There is no way he's coming out of this conversation unscathed.

Hestia compliments me on motherhood and I grin. Namaah's mental response, however, has me gasping for air. After a moment laughing at a joke only I can hear, I nudge the filly.

Go ahead, darling. Tell them what you think of my parenting skills.

She throws me a dirty look but does as I've asked in her oh so serious childlike voice, “She's 'xaseperating. She won't let me fly yet until my wings get stronger and she says I mustn't try to touch my brother's fire and also she looks at what my head is saying, but I guess she's mostly all right.

By the end of her speech, Namaah is grinning in a very similar manner to my own, and she nuzzles my chest playfully. Rotten child. Every word she says is true, of course, and she knew all that without my abilities.

As for fighting, we can mock battle if you like. I can always use the practice and with the way things are, we may need able fighters soon.

The alliance of the Chamber and the Valley goes back ages, and is just as predictable as our enmity. Thankfully this time around their queen is willing to believe that more is merrier.

I pick up on Hestia's disappointment and I give her a small smile. “Don't give up on Fennick yet. He's just oblivious.

There. I've done my good deed for the day and it has only just started.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: shine on you crazy diamond; Hestia/Any - by Gallows - 10-16-2015, 07:17 PM