• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Her training starts early, though Scorch hadn't the heart to start when she said she would (two days after birth, counting the first day of life). Instead, she waits until her precocious little daughter grows more into her body. A month, to be exact. A month of showing her the ropes of the Jungle, of allowing her to leave her side as she is prone to doing, a month of doting on Ea the way she never has with the others. Its unfair, she knows. Unfair mostly to Noori and Kaida, and to Rain, but Rain will always be left behind where the others are raised up.

The Jungle's canopy allows flickering light to pierce their otherwise dark surroundings. Seeing as the light and dark mix, it is a perfect opportunity. Settling herself between two ancient sequoia trees which offer this light-and-dark environment without crowding around her, the volcanic queen raises her head and nickers for her daughter. When the silverling arrives, Scorch smiles, extending her neck to bump her nose against the filly's roan shoulder before straightening.

"Hello. Today marks the first day of your training, whether you think you need it or not." She has seen the little eye rolls and heavy sighs, though her saintly little girl has never outright complained about such things. "Settle yourself in, for I have quite a tale to spin. A tale of your heritage, if you will." Allowing the girl to do just that, whether she moves to lay down or does not move at all, Scorch gathers her thoughts. It's been a long while since she's told this all in one go.

"Thirty odd years ago, I, Crito, and Alecto were born to the Desert queen Katriel and the Tundra king Arcteryx. Due to the unexpected labor, we were born while Katriel was on the cusp of the Jungle for a diplomatic meeting. For a brief period of time, Katriel succumbed to exhaustion. During this time, Echion - queen of the Jungle - brought her own children - freshly born - to the very spot. Wishing a better life upon her own twins, she switched Rharian and Tivona with myself and Crito. Thus, I grew up as a Jungle princess, completely oblivious to how my life could have been if my faux-mother hadn't schemed to change it.

"This makes you quite very royal, my dear, though I tell you this because it is good to know your heritage. Beyond that, you have four siblings." Scorch hasn't the heart to tell her baby girl about Rain, though she's certain that it would not phase her. "Noori and Kaida, the eldest and twins, who do not much like me or the Jungle, so if you wish to meet them, look elsewhere." A lighter tone enters her voice as she explains her sons. "And Simeon and Shahrizai, though they are not twins. Simeon is in the Tundra, and Shahrizai could be anywhere. I'm certain that they'd love to meet you, Ea."

Eyeing Ea smilelessly, Scorch wonders if perhaps this will be too much for her young mind to take in. Scorch doubts it - Ea truly does seem an adult upon most days - but inquires none the less. "Have you any questions before we begin your physical training?" Scorch realizes that she hasn't quite explained why her daughter needs any such training, but figures that Ea will be so inquisitive as to ask this question for herself.

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only - by Scorch - 04-14-2015, 06:34 PM