• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; birthing, any

There’s another Gates member that comes running into the kingdom. The ravens descend immediately, flocking the area around them. They do nothing for the moment, though they stand in wait. All manner of them, ice and fire, shadow and light. Straia has never taken kindly to strangers. Not that this one worries her very much. She has no defense and really, has just wandered into the mouth of the beast.

But still, Straia simply likes to make a point sometimes.

Though she doesn’t say anything. She lets Fiasko handle it, kind and a bit rattled, but true to her word. Straia liked that much, the true to her word. After all, Straia held up her own end of bargains. What was she worth, if her word could not be trusted? The Chamber as a whole could not be trusted, certainly. But that was not the same as her word.

The boy is already on his feet, she notices (oh how very like Gryffen). Though she keeps her mouth shut on any of those particular observations, rather letting the whole thing unfold around her. Trying, in her way, to provide at least some peace to her captives. In truth, Fiasko served as an ember to light a fire. She was really an innocent bystander, and Straia was only so heartless. There was something left inside of there, though she could probably rip it out herself and keep on living, should she ever had the need.

Though sometimes, having some remnant of a heart was useful.

“You may. And let them know you are safe here, as long as the Gates members stop crashing into my kingdom uninvited.” She gives this Nadyah a rather pointed warning look, a few of the ravens inching closer. She was wearing out her welcome quickly.

A raven settles on Fiasko’s shoulder. A small, feathered thing. Nothing special. “If something happens and you need help, it will let me know.” And then another settles on Caitlin and she nods her head to the girl, indicating that the same applied here.

Didn’t need the monsters creeping out at night, now did we?

“Maybe think of a name for the boy while you’re traveling,” she says, not unkindly. But he couldn’t very well be “boy” forever, and Gryffen would probably swoop in soon enough and try to take over. Might as well get Fiasko’s say in the matter before he came knocking.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still waiting for the world to end; birthing, any - by Straia - 10-14-2015, 08:02 AM