• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shine on you crazy diamond; Hestia/Any

love as thou wilt

Mother is often talking.
    And me? I am always listening. I know I'm too young to understand 'most everything I hear but that doesn't stop me from filing it all away so that I can puzzle it out later. And mother is always there to explain it to me. Some day I will learn that not all mothers explain to their young children about death and sex and the meaning of life, but I take it all in stride.

Having a mother who reads minds is not particularly easy, but she does her best not to torment me with it. She ignores most naughty thoughts with an amused grin and almost always gives me a chance to speak my mind before responding to what my brain is saying.

She's a handful, my ma. I love her, but I am glad that she isn't always focused on me. It's much better when she's scowling at my Kushiel.

I catch the sound of my name but I don't respond right away. It isn't a direct call and I am very busy trying to understand why toads can hop but I am not so talented. After sprawling into an ungraceful pile more than once I give up with a forlorn look. Life is terribly unfair.

I trot nearer to my mother and the two unknown horses. I give my mother a questioning look, for once grateful that she can read my mind.

"Namaah. That's Fennick, and that's Hestia." she murmurs into my ear as she ruffles my forelock. I scowl at her. She and my brother are forever mussing up my hair. I flick my wings in a clear sign of irritation.

"Hello." I say, turning to the pair with a beaming smile. I stretch my neck to nuzzle Hestia playfully. Knowing mostly adults, and my big brother, I am at ease with horses of all ages. I do not, however, possess much tact.

I look at mama. "They are awfully close, Mother. Are they going to make a baby like you did?"

I would like that. I need more playmates around here.

Namaah

ooc: fun fact. I had a five year old ask me today if i was going to make a baby when i kissed my husband. Wink i immediately decided i needed to include that in this post.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: shine on you crazy diamond; Hestia/Any - by Namaah - 10-13-2015, 07:31 PM