• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you came in the air went out [any]

and I discovered that my castles stand

upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

He shouldn’t laugh at the colt’s sudden nervousness, but Texas cannot control the smile that creeps along his lips as the boy looks worriedly into the water. “It’s shallow at the edges, just like all water.” He replies, stepping over the tall grasses at the water’s edge to place one foot into the water. It feels nice despite the chill, especially on this hot summer day, and he decides to wade the rest of the way in, both for his own comfort and to show the colt the gradual slope into the depths of the pool. “Just don’t get in over your head, unless you know how to swim. And maybe don’t get too close to the rapids -” he gestures toward the opposite end of the pool, where the water begins to flow down toward the Misty Rapids and become the Cobblestone Creek. “You might get sucked in.”

With the water lapping softly at his chest, Texas listens as the colt explains his parent’s colors. So there’s probably even more like him out there, Texas muses, weirdly bright and colorful foals. “Like stars,” he says when the colt mentions galaxies, “Maybe he looked like the stars.” Texas had seen a star mare once, teal and silver and bright.

“I’ve always been brown,” replies the bay stallion, “But with a little less grey hair, I think.”

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you came in the air went out [any] - by Texas - 10-12-2015, 11:16 AM