• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood

Oft in the woods is a listener nigh

He's never been to the Meadow before. Never been anywhere other than the Jungle and the Tundra, to be honest, and encountering the crowds of horses frequenting the Meadow makes Yronwood feel like a backwoods country bumpkin. It's rather overwhelming to him, and this quickly leds to the spotted boy wondering if venturing here had not been one of his better ideas. After a moment, however, he manages to gather up his resolve and stay put. He was a brother of the Tundra now; was he going to let something like this send him running back home with his tail between his legs? Shame himself and his family? No, he was not, he silently pledges, and accordingly marches on along the trail, each hoof set down firmly.

His green eyes are at work as well, drifting from horse to horse in search of a conversation, but all the equines he gazes upon seem to be occupied with each other or look back at him in such a way that it is clear they are not inclined for speech with him. Perhaps those ones are waiting for someone in particular; a friend or relative. Whatever the reason, he accepts this and moves on. Until that is, he spots her. A mare, green from nose to tail, standing alone and gazing at seemingly nothing in particular. He pauses curiously, intrigued by her unusual color and the sudden realization that she may actually *be* staring at nothing, that she might be blind.

The young stallion decides to approach her, and unsure if she is completely blind or merely limited of vision, takes the courtesy to do so from a direction that would help her to catch scent of him in the wind more easily. Roe comes to a stop a few feet away from her, nickering a friendly greeting. "Good afternoon, my name's Yronwood, of the Tundra. Mind if I share your little corner of the Meadow for a bit? I find the endless crowds a bit daunting, to be honest. It's much quieter here. " Chuckling a little at his own words, he lowers his chestnut head to the ground, grabbing a mouthful of grass to munch upon while awaiting her answer.

name

evil whisperings go here my dear

Art by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood - by Yronwood - 10-11-2015, 08:11 PM