• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; any
    Ok. Things are starting to get a little ridiculous over here. Yael was perfectly happy to let Shah (whom she’s only met briefly, but is immensely thankful for his activity) take care of the Chamberling she’d deposited in the depths of the desert (secretly, slyly; they’re bound to find out eventually, but with no harm to the stallion, they have no true quarrel with her). The golden magician keeps a watchful third eye over them whilst tending to the Gates’ children, and is in the middle of getting ready to take them home when her own grandson’s mother practically falls on her doorstep.

Now, it seems like getting involved is unavoidable. Yael tells the children to stay put and that she’ll be back soon, and then disappears from their little group, only to appear moments later on the outskirts of the other group crowded around one of the oases. She would have to clean up her own shenanigans.

With a pause and a nod to Shah, the Ambassador and Guardian of the Desert watches their Sphinx-dog try to gnaw on the Chamberling’s fetlock and is instantly amused. After a moment, she calls silently to Gumby (Good boy, Gumby! Good boy! Now come to me…)  and gets him off of Kushiel’s case. For now. And then she turns her normally very sweet, cinnamon brown eyes towards the stallion and they darken to black. “I am ze Ambassador and Guardian of ze Desert. Please explain to Shahrizai vat you are doing xere, so t’at ve can feegure out vhat to do vit you. I vill be back een a moment.”

Leave the men to follow her instructions, Yael moves towards her grandson and witnesses his first steps, covering the unsteady boy in her large, golden wings when he tumbles against her legs. In a very matronly way, she cranes her neck down to nuzzle his forehead and in between his tiny ears, letting a bit of her magic flow on to him. She will not restore his hearing, but he can be forever marked as one of her descendants, with a few streaks of gold in his mane. No matter how long he lives, even if the rest of him turns gray with age, he will have those metallic strands interwoven with black ones. Unless he wants her to remove them later in life, of course.

Yael looks up at his mother and half sister and smiles warmly, thinking that she ought to give an explanation. “Xe ees my grandson, and xe ees deaf. Tell me xis name, Vichita, and I vill say eet een xis mind.”

Yael, guardian of the desert

[as always, if you don't want the gold, let me know and I'll edit the post!]

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 09-23-2015, 10:52 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Shahrizai - 09-24-2015, 11:55 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 09-25-2015, 09:14 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Shahrizai - 09-28-2015, 09:40 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 10-02-2015, 02:46 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Wichita - 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Tioga - 10-06-2015, 09:45 PM
    and some by virtue fall; any - by Rucker - 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Yael - 10-09-2015, 10:17 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 10-09-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Shahrizai - 10-09-2015, 02:10 PM