• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What fickle flame (Lagertha, any)

I have always been a listener.
    The good thing about being young is that most horses don't expect anything much from you. Or rather, they expect delinquency and inattention. I have my moments, notably when I am pulling pranks on the sisters, but for the most part I am all ears. I want to know all there is to know so I can be prepared. With news of the Gates' downfall reaching the Jungle, I feel a fierceness in my chest. Their destruction will never be repeated here.

And most of all, I want to be worthy of my mother.

I return Rhy's easy smile with a full grin of my own. No matter how I try, I cannot seem to master being completely serious on cue. My emotions flit across my face, as easy to read as rain clouds in the sky.

I listen with quiet interest as the pair converse. Rhy seems to be very good at diplomacy, something I see less of with my mother. Lagertha is straightforward and often without tact, but no one doubts her ability to defend or lead. Well, they don't to her face or in hearing of her supporters. My tail flicks occasionally, flicking away the early summer flies, but I remain silent until the golden mare finishes speaking.

"I heard the Falls was mostly empty these days." I interject, curious to find out if this is true. I possess all the tactlessness and awkwardness of my age. I blush suddenly, realizing my rudeness and add, "I hope it does not remain so."

I am grateful mama isn't around. I would probably die of embaressment.

ANGUISETTE
    the jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Tiberios - 09-29-2015, 05:14 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Rhy - 09-30-2015, 02:55 PM
    What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Anguisette - 10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Rhy - 10-07-2015, 10:36 AM
    RE: What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Anguisette - 10-08-2015, 12:49 PM