• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah

Dear gods, but they do look alike when they scowl.

And as a good, dutiful mother, I shall give them plenty of reasons to do so. Everyone needs a few reasons to blame their parents for their screwed up lives and I am happy to oblige. Carnage, with his dark god nonsense, would be too easy of a target. And where's the fun in that?

"You may take her anywhere you like as long as you don't catch her on fire or let that idiot Gryffen put his paws on her." I respond promptly. An overprotective mother I am not and for all that my son is a lazy pushover, I know his mind and his heart, and I know that Namaah is safer with him than even me. I, after all, am going to be the one to push her off a cliff some day to teach her to fly.

Besides, having mind reading means Kushiel will tell on himself if he does anything particularly stupid. And he knows full well I know exactly how to deal with him. I grin wickedly at him, remembering how very silly he looked squealing like a colt when I bit him. I give him an innocent look over Namaah's head. "After all, darling girl, Kushiel knows better than to cross mama. He may be the big brother but I have a couple centuries and a few fights on him. And no one can get anything past your mother."

I nudge her hip playfully. Truthfully, there are some who can pull a fast one on me, but it's better if Namaah doesn't know that just yet.

Good lord. I roll my eyes at Kushiel's fire play. It was inevitable that he would introduce her to his flames, but I had hoped for a little time to prepare. Still, I know Kush would sooner burn himself down than his little sister.

"Yes. I also like to use words like 'exasperating' and 'vexatious' to describe the perfection that is your brother." I say sweetly.

Dear son, don't try and beat your mother at a game she invented.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-04-2015, 07:45 PM
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-05-2015, 07:22 PM
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Gallows - 10-07-2015, 09:42 PM