• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A New Dawn - [ALL KINGDOM] (Activity check)
    It was so hard. Hard to sleep, hard to eat, hard to breathe. She had lost her daughter, she had lost her lover, and now she had lost her son. She had failed so many times. Promising to make things better but quickly losing the motivation and ability to do so.

She made the right call in making her lover her king as well. Tiberios was a storm just like there daughter, where Shatter was a light breeze. He was trying to pull the strings of an unraveled kingdom back together while she was wasting away.Her coat was dull and the outline of her ribs was beginning to peak through. Her eyes were unfocused and constantly sad. She had hid away from the world in the hopes that she could get over it, but without Khalis and Tyrna she felt that life wasn't worth trying for anymore.

She hears Tiberios' call easily as it echoes around the kingdom, and it gives her enough strength to climb slowly from her perch near the top of the waterfall and join the crowd.

There aren't many gathered and in truth she doubted there would be, but it is pleasantly surprising to see a new face. She sees Malka and gives her a quick greeting, remorse coursing through her at her failures there. Next is the new mare and Texas. She missed their reunion but is happy that the old man found his kin. She presses a quick greeting against his shoulder and continues towards her partner. She knows she is late to the party and looks awful, but being close to those loyal to the kingdom gives her a renewed sense of strength. Enough at least to send a gentle smile beaming out to those assembled.

She missed a lot of the earlier declarations but she catches Texas' last question as well as hearing of the counsel. Still smiling her tired smile she addresses him.

"I made him king because he is strong and determined," her tongue falters where she wants to say loyal, "he is the love of my life, and the father of my children. He is a bold warrior and a tireless diplomat. Tiberios will bring something to the Falls that I can no longer do on my own. I have complete faith and trust in what he intends to do." Her smile never wavers but inside she struggles.

She puts up the united front because that is what's better for the kingdom, but the thought of placing any sort of power in the hands of a counsel sits poorly with her. She has no issue with allowing certain individuals from their allies have access to the healing abilities of the water, but to give them power over the well being of her kingdom? That was something to be discussed with the king in private.

She looks to Tiberios with love in her eyes, but a weight and pain in her heart.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A New Dawn - [ALL KINGDOM] (Activity check) - by Shatter Me - 10-07-2015, 01:33 PM