• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah

Kushiel was starting to feel outnumbered. How did this keep happening to him? He was a giant of a man for heaven’s sake. Why was he constantly being pushed around by petite women? This woman wasn’t even a week old. Kushiel scowled, but his heart wasn’t in it. Even as he tried to make the foul expression his eyes twinkled.

Damn it, he was going soft.

He redoubled his efforts and cast a stern look at Gallows.

“Now, let’s all try and remember who the elder brother is.” He looked back and forth between the girls.

“Me. That’s me.” He said it very slowly, as if there was a chance they wouldn’t understand him. Of course, that seemed to be exactly what was happening. Privately, he’d taken to calling himself, Kushiel, burner of Kingdoms. But, now he felt more like Kushiel, tormented by women. The latter was not nearly so fearsome as the former. He remembered how much hell he’d given Gryffen when the wolf-man brought his daughter to the Chamber. Kushiel could only imagine what they’d say back home when they saw Namaah, who wasn’t even his child, leading him around by the nose.

This was going to be a problem.

He shot Gallows yet another stern look at the public disparaging of his sensibilities. However, his heart melted a little when his sister said she’d take care of him as well. He made that universally recognized, “awwww” face, then straightened up. That was so very sweet, and so very unlikely. Still, he ruffled the little girl’s forelock again.

“Yes. We will go on many, many adventures. But only if you promise not to tell Ma about them.” Over the girl’s head he widened his eyes at Gallows, as if to say, “see I can make your life hard too.” However, he continued brightly.

“I’m sad to say I was very naughty, Peanut. But, I never had wings. I can do this though.” The flame that was lurking deep within his mane sprang to life and dripped down his nose, dribbling like liquid to the ground in front of them. He quickly squelched it before it could burn the filly or the grass.

“You see, Namaah, playing with fire can be very fun.” This was not a good lesson to teach a child. He knew that. Kushiel was lucky that he couldn’t burn. If he could, he would certainly have been incinerated as a child. He didn’t want that to happen to Namaah, he would have to impart some wisdom for a change.

“But, don’t touch it okay? We can do different things. I can play with fire, and you’ll be able to fly.” Kushiel considered this for a long moment. That was a really scary thought. Still, the girl was full of questions and Kushiel had to move quickly to answer them.

“I’m six. And ridiculous is what people say when they can’t find words great enough to describe true perfection.” This time it was a triumphant look that he shot Gallows. She would have to find another way to describe him, otherwise Namaah would be quite certain to think her brother was better than life its self.

Messages In This Thread
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-04-2015, 07:45 PM
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-05-2015, 07:22 PM
    RE: let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Kushiel - 10-07-2015, 12:54 PM