• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What fickle flame (Straia, any)

She isn’t bold, or wicked, or trying to make a show of it. She just doesn’t care enough to be polite. Nothing more. She doesn’t even contradict herself. He had assumed something. Maybe she wouldn’t have come at all. And maybe, she doesn’t actually want to talk to him. Alright, not maybe. She doesn’t. The only reason she’s here is because she has to be. Truthfully, she’d rather left Gryffen chase him home to the butterfly kingdom he comes from.  The Falls wastes her time constantly, and she’s rather done with it.

So far, he has no proven himself to be remotely worthy of her time.

But she doesn’t say anything to his snide comments in return to hers. At least, in that, he wasn’t cowed. Though he was annoyed enough to say something. But she does not, because the banter is no longer amusing and she’s already moved on to his little speech.

“I beg to differ. Shatter still rules along side you, not that she’s been seen much lately. So I don’t think that’s entirely new leadership, unless you simply intend to ignore her completely and do whatever you want.” Of course she knows. The ravens keep her constantly up to date. Shatter still sits, rather worthlessly, on the other half of the Falls throne. And so Tiberios and run around and say things are changing, but in the end, it could prove to be a lot of talk and nothing else. “Has she agreed to all your changes?”

She pauses for a moment, waiting for an answer. And then she addresses the rest. She is against having access to the healing waters, but the Chamber doesn’t need it. They have two magicians, though magicians are fickle. But so are alliances. “Essentially what you are offering me is healing waters, that we don’t really need. In exchange, you get one of my members and make them spend a chunk of their time in the Falls so they can be on this council with no real power. You also get the power of the Chamber army behind you. Tell me Tiberios, what can you offer the Chamber that would actually be of some use to us?”

His next bit, she smiles a bit. “Ah, we agree on something. The Falls does need change. Though I really wonder if we share anything in common on what that change ought to be.” She laughs a bit. Even if Tiberios has a thirst for chaos, the rest of his kingdom did not. And no monarch sits on the throne long when they go against everything their subjects want.

Then he mentions his son. “He didn’t tell you? What a shame.  Your son has come here, and he’s really rather enjoying his life in the Chamber. You are welcome to see him whenever you want.” She doesn’t bother to say he was captured. The boy may or may not tell his father that detail, but at this point, it was irrelevant anyway. The Falls Prince liked the Chamber, and had no desire to go back to the Falls. So how he got here was rather irrelevant. She’d rather point out that his son was happily living here, far away from his parents.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-27-2015, 08:52 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Kushiel - 09-28-2015, 02:07 AM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Gryffen - 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-28-2015, 02:01 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Gryffen - 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Straia - 09-30-2015, 01:27 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-30-2015, 02:09 PM