• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; any

And echoed in the wells, of Silence

It should not have been a long trip, it should have been a breeze. What was I thinking? My Mother was involved, nothing was ever easy when she was a part of it. My tongue is like sandpaper, literally. How much had a swallowed? It was everywhere, my mouth, my eyes, creases of my body I will not mention. I've never been here before, not inside. I've never crossed the borders as we do now, but I've looked on the lands from afar. They've never much peaked my interest before, and now I know that there is good reason. It is awful here.

I can't take it any longer, I need water, I need it now. As if some force is answering my prayers I can see it, the blurred images of an oasis ahead. I turn to my Mother to point it out but she is already rushing for it, clambering across the dunes and splashing into the water. I don't need her to tell me once, let alone twice, I plod in after her sighing as the cool liquid caresses my skin. Even deeper do I sink as I dip my muzzle to the waters and fill my empty stomach. I might get sick, but I don't much care at this point.

Finally I take a moment to breathe, to allow my lungs to expand again. As much as my body ached for water, my lungs cried louder for air, such a strange thing the body is. My chest rapidly rises and falls, I take a look around spying the figures of two males. How how we missed them before? Was I not only deaf but blind as well? My belly turns at the thought, but I must smother it- we've trespassed, Mother's in no condition to defend us. Wrong as we are.

One of them, he reeks of fire, of the Chamber. My eyes take on the color of molten metal, blazing with a copper fire of their own. "You!" I did not see him involved, but it doesn't matter, I know where the others had come from. Led by Gryffen, they could have come from no where else. I rush him, forgetting myself, where we are what we are doing here. Before I reach him though I faintly hear my Dam cry, groan, what the...? My head whips back to her, my eyes widening as I realize what is happening. Here? Oh Gods, no, not here.

And then it happens. My ears pop painfully, the sounds of the world gone, silence finally taking its hold.

Tioga

Khaos x Wichita
    [Image: Tioga.png]

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 09-23-2015, 10:52 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Shahrizai - 09-24-2015, 11:55 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 09-25-2015, 09:14 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Shahrizai - 09-28-2015, 09:40 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 10-02-2015, 02:46 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Wichita - 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Tioga - 10-06-2015, 09:45 PM
    and some by virtue fall; any - by Rucker - 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM