• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah

love as thou wilt

I do not know very much but I do know this. Brothers are silly creatures.
    With all the logic of a child, I conclude that all brothers must be the same, of course, and that it is the duty of little sisters to make sure they know who is in charge. Mama is in charge but then next will be me. I size up my Kushiel with large brown eyes.

I can definitely take him.

I wrinkle my nose at him, a charming gesture that I mean to convey annoyance but only makes me look like a perturbed cherub. "Well, all right. You can call me peanut. But only you, cause I said so."

I nip him in what I imagine is a stern way, but is probably nothing more than the brush of a leaf. Mama unsuccessfully hides a grin, although I don't know what is so funny. Kush has to know who is in charge and I think it's better to start young.

I look around while Mama chats with Kush, taking in the Valley. It is warm and beautiful and

I give mama my oh so serious nod. "And I will take good care of him, too."
    And just like that, my brother has an unshakeable bodyguard. After all, someone has to keep him out of trouble, right?

I ignore his vague response to my heartbreak question and plow forth with a barrage of new queries. After all, I know that eventually I will learn what I want to know.

"Will you take me on adventures, Kush? And why haven't you got any wings? Were you naughty and they went away? How very old are you? Why does mama say you are reed-rid-rikulus?"

Mama is full on laughing now and I shoot her a scowl. I am very serious.

Namaah

Messages In This Thread
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-04-2015, 07:45 PM
    let's hang together, Kushiel & Namaah - by Namaah - 10-05-2015, 07:22 PM