• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this world is brighter than the sun; dempsey

but now we're sleeping at the edge
    holding something we don't need

There was something that shimmered between the family, and it was something that would stick with Wyck for a long time. There was a peace here, a stability. Despite the somewhat odd structure of their family, Wyck would often look back on this time with a smile—even when he would later come to learn of his father and mother’s rather strange relationship. Now, next to his sister, tucked next to his mother, and with his father grinning down at him, he felt at peace. As if nothing bad could possibly happen to any of them—

As if, even if was broken, perhaps it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

He closes his eyes and sighs with relief at his mother’s explanation, the joy at finding out that he wasn’t broken or bad visibly washing over his small, newly-formed features. His lips curl into a wide grin and he butts his head into her side, wiggling his ears, ‘I can talk with my ears, ma!’ He takes a step back and lifts his chin so that she can see his smile and then widens his eyes, ‘And my smile and my eyes.’ 

He laughs internally, the sound bouncing around in his mind with an unleashed joy.

The fact that his father and his sister could communicate with him easily was accepted without a second thought, the way they responded to his thoughts seeming as natural as if he had spoken them aloud. ‘I am okay with being Wyck,’ he thought to his sister, ‘and you get to be Isle! I like that too.’ Then his dad reaches down and he scrunches his nose in playful distaste. ‘I think I like being different,’ he admitted, because if they were all different, then it didn’t seem like such a bad thing to be. He rather liked being like his family.

WYCK
    all this delusion in our heads
    is going to bring us to our knees
    © luke pamer

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this world is brighter than the sun; dempsey - by wyck - 10-05-2015, 12:15 AM