• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are aching bones and wasted years; any

I can see for miles, miles, miles

He sees the pain in his father’s eyes and it makes him sick to his stomach, sees the way he flinches from him but Ledger can’t blame him. He is a disgusting thing to look at these days. Disfigured and mutilated. If he was unworthy of love before who would ever think to love him now? The ghost of his father is telling him that this is not real, that he is flesh and what happened was just a mean trick. ”I don’t know what is real anymore.” He whispers and it’s the truth, all the lines are blurred. ”The Gates burned and I don’t know if it’s because of me or if it’s another game.” Desperation in his eye as he looks at the stallion who is whole and good and everything he had always wanted to be. Something he can never achieve now.

The bear is pulling apart the bars of it’s cage and Ledger groans softly, lowering his head as his resolve weakens. It wants Magnus to see it, wants to expose the chestnut stallion for what he really is now.

”If you are real then you should run.” He gasps right before the beast pulls him apart. His skin quivers and rips as he morphs into the beast, howling with pain as he does so. Chestnut turns to long silky strands of white and the one eye of the polar bear fixes on the buckskin stallion before him. It roars with it’s pain, a thick grumbling sound that rolls like thunder. ”This is what I’ve become.” Ledger doesn’t try to walk, he still hasn’t become accustomed to the bears paws and claws and it’s only awkward movements that he makes as his snout lowers to that of the stallion before him. ”He cursed me. Forever.” It is only with much resolve that he can keep the predator in check, keeps it from attacking his father. A soft moan escapes the bears lips and finally, reluctantly, it retreats back inside and the chestnut stallion stands before him once more. ”I can’t control it. I’m a danger to everyone here.” He is panting, a slick sheen of sweat on his beaten coat and tears line the edge of his eye. Shaking violently, he looks to Magnus with utter despair. ”If you are real you should kill me. I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore.”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are aching bones and wasted years; any - by Ledger - 10-04-2015, 02:51 PM