• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are aching bones and wasted years; any

I can see for miles, miles, miles

He hesitates, unsure of what to believe. His father looks upset and angry but he can tell that this time the anger isn’t focused on him. For a second his good eye is laced with bewilderment and confusion and he stammers slightly as he tries to get a grip on the world that’s spinning before him. ”You said I was worthless and that you wish I had never been born. That I was the reason why you and Joelle separated.” And as the memory of what had happened in the nightmare (it had been a nightmare right?) replays itself, anguish twists the already disfigured lines of his face. ”I killed you. You’re dead. This isn’t real.” He pauses, closing his good eye as a fresh wave of pain washes over him and the predator inside him begins to stir.

”You’re a ghost. I deserve to be haunted. You were right, I’ve never done anything but hurt those around me.” Another pause as Magnus steps forward and he visibly flinches, alarm widening the good eye and making the empty socket throb with an exploding pain. The bear inside him starts to claw it’s way out. Gritting his teeth, he tries desperately to keep it locked inside the cage although he is well aware that the bear always wins. The cage is too brittle and he is too weak. Turning his body slightly towards his father so he can see the brand that was carved into his flank, Ursa Major… A mockery of the constellation dotting his hide forever. ”He called himself a Dark God. He is Carnage.” He mumbles softly, not sure why he was even telling this to a ghost who could do nothing.  

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are aching bones and wasted years; any - by Ledger - 10-04-2015, 02:26 PM