• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

say you'll remember me; any

From above, the wicked shall receive their just reward

Kronk took a drink after Maeko, and he could have sworn that it tasted better because they had earned it. It was more refreshing somehow. Perhaps a chance of failure made success more thirst quenching? The chunky stallion shook his head. He was being silly. Silly enough that he colored a little beneath his hair, his exposed pink muzzle turned a little pinker. He picked up his foot experimentally.

“Oh this? He asked, perhaps a little sheepishly.

“It’s nothing, and worth it certainly.” A little sting was worth it, to get at water. Besides, he would do better next time, and eventually he would be the best ice breaker in the land. Then, at least, he would be good at something, even if his home was a charred mess. Kronk’s face darkened a little, and he realized his sunny mood may be another form of compensation. He had been so glum recently, that he jumped at the chance to feel anything else. To smile and laugh. Maeko gave him another opportunity and he barked out a surprised laugh. He looked down at her appreciatively. Did that really pass through her delicate, feminine lips? He grinned. There was no rule that you couldn’t be delicate, feminine and make yellow snow jokes.

“My brother did that one year, when we were little. Our sister wouldn’t shut up about it for years.” Truth be told, they still often told that story whenever the opportunity presented itself. What else were siblings for? Kronk missed his suddenly, then shook it off, glad they were living their own busy lives, even if they weren’t doing it in tandem with him. Kronk returned from his walk down memory lane to nod at Maeko.

“I almost didn’t believe it myself. Granted it’s a little chilly…” Kronk considered this. The grass was certainly snow tipped, and crunched a little, if you didn’t let the ice melt in your mouth first. Still, it was grass. He continued, trying and probably failing to tempt her.

“And, sometimes, you have to dig a little.” This was true, most of the grass had at least a thin layer of snow covering it. Though there were parts that were covered by the trees and thus saved this humiliation. The pickings weren’t as lush as they were in the warmer months, but the Gates had a way of making everything seem gentler and kinder then it would have been anywhere else. It was just like that. He finished his thought triumphantly.

“But, it’s there! I promise.” He grinned at her and the expression was open and honest. Kronk joked about a lot of things, but the quest for food was something he took seriously, and pursued with the greatest enthusiasm.

Kronk

Messages In This Thread
    say you'll remember me; any - by maeko - 09-29-2015, 01:14 AM
    RE: say you'll remember me; any - by Kronk - 09-29-2015, 01:36 AM
    RE: say you'll remember me; any - by maeko - 09-29-2015, 02:03 AM
    RE: say you'll remember me; any - by Kronk - 09-29-2015, 01:47 PM
    RE: say you'll remember me; any - by maeko - 09-29-2015, 07:12 PM
    RE: say you'll remember me; any - by Kronk - 10-01-2015, 11:16 PM